- Non-contact, high-speed, solid-state laser speed and length measurement with no slippage, drift or mechanical wear and greatly reduced maintenance compared with contact wheel / roller systems.
- Unidirectional speed and length measurement.
- EU MID Class 1 accuracy compliant (0.125%).
- EU MID-certified (certificate number: UK/0126/0089) for final shipping length measurement for products destined for EU-markets (EU Directives 2014/32/EU 2004/22/EC).
- EU MID compliant 90-day data logging capability.
- Fitted with PROFIBUS industrial communications bus as standard.
- AiG2-MID interface display unit included as standard.
- Optional EU MID-certified forward / reverse roller for direction sensing on bidirectional production lines.
- Optional external printer available for batch length ticket printing.
Proton Products InteliSENS® SL-MID Series non-contact, unidirectional speed and length gauges provide extremely accurate speed and length measurements in almost any production environment and are MID-certified (certificate number: UK/0126/0089) for final shipping length measurement for products destined for EU-markets (EU Directives 2014/32/EU 2004/22/EC).
Production processes for wire, cable, web products, woven and non-woven materials, paper, plastic film, tapes, building materials, floorings and labelling can all be measured using the laser Doppler method.
Applications requiring a precise cut-to-length process benefit from the non-slip and highly accurate laser measurement technique which reduces scrap, increases uptime and improves material yield by eliminating product “Give Away” or “Short Length” claims.
InteliSENS® SL-MID Series gauges are money-saving, direct replacements for traditional problematic and high-maintenance contact wheel and roller-type devices and are extremely easy to install and operate. Integration with production line controllers such as PLCs is eased by the availability of a wide variety of industry standard communications interfaces.
The InteliSENS® SL-MID Series is fully certified to Class 1 accuracy (0.125%) for final shipping length measurement for products destined for EU-markets (EU Directives 2014/32/EU 2004/22/EC).
Operating principle – Laser surface velocimeter
Proton Products InteliSENS® SL-MID series speed and length gauges illuminate the measured surface with an interference pattern created by the intersection of two laser beams. The alternating bright and dark interference fringes modulate the light scattered by the object with a frequency proportional to the object speed. This scattered light is detected by a photodiode and the electrical signal digitally processed to determine the frequency and hence the speed. Object length is then calculated by integrating the speed measurement over time.
|Minimum single length measurement
|Internal measurement rate
|Measurement output interval
|Laser spot size
*only valid if the measured object is positioned within the central 20% of the depth-of-field.
|metres / minute
|Laser safety control inputs
|An external closed SPST contact enables the laser diode.
|An external closed SPST contact opens the laser shutter.
|Maximum input voltage: +24Vdc
|End of reel (trigger printout)
|End of reel (trigger printout)
|Isolated, floating relay contacts
|Maximum voltage: 50Vdc
|Maximum current: 0.5A
|Preset Length 1
|Preset Length 2
|Opto-isolated differential pairs
|Output voltage: 5V or user supplied (up to 24V)
|Maximum frequency: 250kHz
|Quadrature (1000 pulses/m)
|Index (1 pulse/m)
|Connects to a Proton Products AiG2-MID interface display unit
|RS-232 Printer port
|Industrial bus communications
|MID-certified forward / reverse roller for direction sensing.
|External printer for batch length ticket printing.