Speed & Length Measurement
Non-contact measurement of wire or cable speed and length.
- Production line speed measurement and control.
- Product length measurement.
- Control of cutters and inkjet printers.
- Quality inspection rewind lines for flaw position logging.
- Non-contact, slip-free and low maintenance replacement for contact wheel / roller systems.
Non-contact measurement of wire or cable diameters in 1, 2 or 3-axes.
- Diameter measurement and control for insulation extrusion lines.
- Detection of wire and insulation diameter errors.
- Multiple gauges may be used together to measure wall thickness especially in multilayered insulation applications.
Measurement of cable insulation capacitance during immersion in a water cooling trough.
- Manufacture of capacitance critical cables such as CAT5/6 wire or coaxial cable for telecommunications and RF.
Lump & Neck Detection
Non-contact detection of lump and neck flaws along 2 or 3-axes in highest line speed applications.
- Wire and cable insulation extrusion and jacketing lines.
- Quality inspection during rewinding and coiling.
Induction pre-heating of solid and stranded copper, copper-clad and aluminium wires prior to insulation.
- Improve insulation-to-wire adhesion especially at high line speeds.
- Improves insulation stripping characteristics.
Control of insulation diameter or wall thickness on wire or cable insulation lines.
- Controls insulation extruders or capstan drives.
- Integrates seamlessly with Proton Products Diameter measurement gauges.