Proton Products offers the M Series range of harsh environment enclosures and accessories for SLM and SLRM Speed and Length gauges deployed in high temperature, dusty, steamy or smoky environments.
Double-wall, stainless steel harsh environment protection enclosure
- Suitable for hot-rolling applications.
- Protects against high temperatures, light impact, liquid splash, dust, steam and smoke.
- Provides a unified electrical connector for electrical and communications connections.
- Provides ports for the gauge air wipe and water cooling.
- May be fitted with optional
- thermal insulation baffles (TBA)
- water cooling plate (TBA)
- air-driven vortex cooler (00043MC039) for enhanced thermal shielding from hot metal objects.
Proton part number: 00041MC570
Power supply and break-out box
- Connects to the unified electrical connector of the SLX-BOX (00041MC540) via a Cable SLH/X to BT100 (00041CX100).
- Provides screw terminal access to all “INTERFACE” connector input and output pins.
- Provides DB9 connectors to access the “CAN”, “RS-232” and “PROFIBUS” ports.
- End user cables are sealed with four cable glands.
- Supplies 24VDC electrical power to the gauge.
- Input voltage range: 90 – 260 VAC @ 45 – 65 Hz.
Proton part number: 00041MC350
Cable SLH/X to BT100
- Cable for connecting the unified electrical connector of a SLX-BOX (00041MC540) enclosure to a BT-100 (00041MC350) power supply and break-out box.
- Length: 100 m.
Proton part number: 00041CX100
Air services unit
- Provides filtered air which is dust, water and oil free.
- May be used to drive vortex coolers, air amplifiers and air wipes.
Proton part number: 00041MC370