- For induction preheating of solid and stranded copper, copper-clad and aluminium wires up to 200°C (300°C for High Temperature (-HT) models) prior to insulation extrusion.
- Improve insulation-to-wire adhesion and stripping characteristics, especially at high line speeds.
- Highest power to wire transfer rate EEE 96% (Electrical Energy Efficiency) ensuring minimal losses and maximum use of available power.
- Uses parabolic control algorithm to ensure high degree of heating accuracy for all line speeds and wire sizes.
- Integrated “spectral radiation” InteliTHERM temperature measurement (optional) available for higher precision of wire temperature measurement and control.
- Preheats solid wires up to 3mm in diameter and stranded wires up to 3.2mm in diameter.
- Housed in rugged enclosures to survive harsh industrial environments.
- Controlled using a user-friendly, menu-based LCD interface display unit.
- Available with industry-standard communications interfaces fitted either as standard or as an option.
- Available in different power output models suitable for all budgets and line speeds.
- Available in 200, 400 and 480 VAC 3-phase mains supply voltage models.
The ProTHERMIC PH Series are a comprehensive range of High Frequency induction Preheaters featuring the latest advanced High Frequency solid state technology. Wire preheating is an essential operation to achieve elimination of wire moisture, improve stripping characteristics, and avoid pin hole and bare patch faults.
The Proton InteliTHERMTM Spectral Radiation non contact wire Temperature Gauge is now available for use with new or existing preheaters. Proton Preheaters have a high degree of accuracy during preheating, however for some applications when temperature stability and precision are critical the use of the InteliTHERMTM SRTG device can further enhance temperature stability. The InteliTHERMTM SRTG series connects directly to the preheater control module providing fast and precise temperature feedback and control. This makes operating the preheater as simple as just setting the temperature and pressing go.
The shorting pulley rim is manufactured from a special copper alloy that has high electrical conductivity and good wear resistance.
The insulating pulley is manufactured from resin bonded fabric which has good wear resistance and low thermal conductivity to minimise wire-to-pulley heat loss.
The pulleys are mounted on low friction, double row ball bearings to minimise the drag force (tension increase) on the wire as it passes through the preheater. Both pulleys are precision machined to ensure that uniform tension is applied to the wire, thus reducing SRL problems in data and telecommunications cable applications.
The preheater is powered from a 3-phase mains input, which is converted to a high-frequency supply by a specially designed inverter, the output of which is automatically adjusted to deliver the necessary power to maintain the required “Preset Temperature” regardless of wire size or production speed.
The preheater is fully protected against mains supply phase loss or brownouts.
|Maximum output power / kW
|Power supply voltage / VAC (3-phase line-to-line rms)
|Pulley root diameter
|Solid wire diameter
|Stranded wire diameter
|Stranded wire cross-sectional area
|Wire preheat temperature
|Continuous wire tension
|Wire tension increase (at a line speed of 1500m/min)
|Power supply frequency
|Wire line height
|Ingress protection (wire entry/exit areas and pulley compartment only)
|Copper / Copper-clad / Aluminium / Special
|4x Logic inputs
|Solenoid door lock (if fitted)
|Maximum input voltage
|4x Isolated relay outputs
|Maximum contact rating
|50VDC / 30VAC / 0.5A
|Temperature set input
|0 to +10V temperature control input, user scalable
|Wire loop current output
|0 to +10 V output proportional to 0 to 2000A(rms) wire loop current
|Solendoid door lock
|Locks the access door(s) shut until motion of the pulleys has come to a complete stop.
|Raises the nominal line height to 43″ (1092mm).
|For use in confined factory spaces where the standard single door is too large (not applicable to PH160, PH450 or PH600)